Sunday, January 5, 2014

Taking a TRIP in 2014

Last year Mitchell and I made a list of our 2013 Resolutions. We did the same this year, and then I came across this blog from a post by a good friend. I have been going through Lara's 2014 Goal Setting Series and really loving it. She has such a unique approach to setting good goals for the new year.

I have nothing against sitting down and writing out a list of things that I hope to get better at in this new year, but in all honesty my process wasn't very thorough. I took what, maybe an hour, out of my "busy" life to write out some things that I hope to be better at this year. Then what? I hopefully stick to them for at least a month, jump back in with both feet around July and then review my list on New Year's Eve and probably cross off less than half? (Yup. That's about what happened in 2013.)

This series has been so, so good so far! My original resolution list was surface level. This series is forcing me to dig a little deeper and discover why I didn't meet all of my goals last year, and how I can make some changes this year. Over the last few days, I have been writing down all of my thoughts for Parts 1 - 3 and I just finished my favorite step so far. This step involved choosing a word for 2014.

I kept bouncing back and forth between words, but I finally landed on the perfect word for all I want 2014 to be: 
TRIP

Thankful for even the little things. Striving to thank God for all he has blessed me with.
Refresh. New, fresh, clean, rejuvenated.
Intentional in everyday life. Relationships, time with God, the way I treat others, my time.
Purposeful everyday, all day. In every facet of my life, purposefully seeking joy in all things.

I know, that's technically more than one word. I just couldn't choose one of these words over the rest. The way I see it, I can't wait to take this TRIP through all of 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment