Sunday, March 4, 2012

The last few weeks...

So, I think this semester is the busiest one of my whole college career...and I think I'm feeling the least committed to it. I wish I had more time to blog. I think about blogging a lot.. does that count? I'm not even spending much time on Pinterest anymore.. :(

Mitchell's birthday was a couple weeks ago, he turned 21. Finally. It's not like we go out very often, but there's certain times that it would just make things a little easier. The last few weekends have been...eventful. My birthday surprise for him was awesome if I do say so myself (and I do). I took him to dinner at the Melting Pot (he had never been) and then to a brewery tour at Lakefront Brewery. Then we finished up the night at Potowatami because why not?! (We didn't win anything, but we only spent barely over half of what we brought with us to spend).

That weekend I was up past midnight Friday and Saturday nights...I am normally in bed by 10pm.. at the latest! I need my sleep. So it's been crazy, and busy, and fun, but mostly just really crazy. I'm not sure my life is ready for this much excitement!

Side note: I am planning a great treat for St. Patrick's Day and I'll be sure to share the recipe!

One thing I have not missed out on these last few weeks is movies. Mitchell and I watch a lot of movies. I recently re-started my Netflix subscription after an email telling me I could have a free 30-day trial again. I don't want to talk about the experience so far, however, except to say that I was finally able to watch 'The Help'.



So. Good. I know everyone has been raving about the book/movie for a while now, but it normally takes me a while to see movies. See, I'm too cheap and poor, but mostly cheap, to go to the movies because it's too dang expensive! I did see 'One for the Money' in theaters not too long ago, but I got a Groupon and it was only $11 I think for two tickets which is a great deal!



One movie I am planning on going to see in theaters is the Hunger Games. I had no idea what it even was, but I remember everyone freaking out over the books and then the movie was coming out and I was just all sorts of confused. So a friend bought the books and he let me read them when he was done. I read the first book in 3 days. So. Good. I'm excited for the movie!

I haven't had time to read the other two books yet, but I'm going to get to it...someday. I'll let you know what I think of the movie when I go see it!

Happy First full week of March! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment