Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chocolate Covered Cherry

It's hump day! I love Wednesdays! Wednesdays are normally when my boyfriend and I cook dinner together. We try to make one really good meal a week, other than pizza and pasta. Today just didn't feel like a cooking day and Mitchell really wanted Alfredo sauce, so we just made pasta. We did add some leftover prime rib from New Year's Eve dinner though, yummy!

Today's post is the meaning behind my blogger name. I'm assuming that means the name of my blog...but, since I'm still a newbie I could be wrong. However, since the username I have with my account is "amanda" (pretty self-explanatory), I'm going to do the name of the blog either way!

"Chocolate Covered Cherry" It's pretty simple really. I wanted to be creative with the name but my creativity with words is not the greatest. I wanted to include something about some type of food because I'm pretty sure eventually I'll do a lot of cooking posts. You may not know it yet, but I really love sweets! Anything with sugar I'm pretty much in love with. I love baking, eating, smelling, decorating, and just enjoying all sorts of goodies and treats. So I wanted to include something along that line with my blog.

A lot of blogs are named something that describes them, like being a mom, or a chef, etc. I wanted to capture all aspects of a really creative blog name. I didn't think I did half bad being a newbie. Cherry is my last name, so that pretty much describes me and since chocolate covered cherries are a real thing (and delicious might I add!) it seemed to fit like a glove.

I didn't think of it until this post, but I actually have a picture that would fit the title perfectly!
It's a little blurry but it gets the job done. This was taken when Mitchell and I tried (and failed...) to make chocolate covered pretzels last Christmas. We didn't melt the chocolate right and it hardened and needless to say, we didn't get much chocolate on the pretzels. We did, however, get a lot of chocolate on ourselves! I don't even remember how it started, and it may have been not very fun to clean up, but it was really fun and we had a great laugh from these pictures!

So there ya have it folks, not too difficult. Happy Hump Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment