Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I can't believe it...

I didn't blog yesterday! I had every intention to, I really did. I was going to blog about my amazing dinner last night.

Mitchell and Matt were going grocery shopping and I was on my way home from work. Matt calls me and asks if we should make lasagna or enchiladas. I have no idea what to say. They both sounded amazing! We eventually decide on lasagna and I look up a recipe on my computer for lasagna. This is the recipe we made. It's from the Pioneer Woman and it's entitled "The Best Lasagna. Ever." Well folks, the shoe fits. Ohh Emm Gee it was awesome!

We didn't follow the recipe exactly, it called for cottage cheese but we used ricotta. (Mitch couldn't handle the thought of cottage cheese in lasagna, even though he loves the stuff!) We used fresh tomatoes instead of from the can and we used mild italian sausage instead of hot breakfast sausage.



It was super good. Please make this. If you use the cottage cheese, let me know. I'd like to know how it turns out. I had it for dinner last night, lunch today, and probably dinner again tonight (It makes a lot - serves 12 it says!)



After my awesome meal I pretty much passed out the rest of the night, which explains why I didn't blog. Food coma. (That and the internet was in and out all night.)

Anyways, I'm supposed to be blogging about what I want my future to look like. Can I say I don't know? I have a big picture, but I don't have a lot of specifics. It's kind of fuzzy.

I want to work for a while after graduation. I want to get married. I want to own a house and a new car and have kids (maybe 3 or 4?). I want to be able to be a stay at home mom. I want to save a lot now to be able live comfortably and not be stressed about money someday. I want my family to be close and I want to be a good mother. I would really like to move out of state (Colorado to be exact) for at least a little while. I would like to travel. A lot.

So the basics. Paints a pretty picture I guess. I'm more interested to see how my life really turns out. I have a feeling it won't be all pretty pictures. :)

2 comments:

  1. AMANDA!!!! I can't believe you've never had cottage cheese in lasagna! I grew up on the stuff! Sooooo delicious. I actually like it better than ricotta in lasagna. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I didn't know it was that amazing! I will have to try it sometime! Do you really taste the cottage cheese though? Because I don't like it alone...

      Delete